1/2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cups chopped baby spinach
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a thin layer of olive oil across the bottom of a large baking dish.
2. In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika, season with salt and pepper, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add black beans, spinach, quinoa, and tomatoes, and mix together to fully combine.
5. Cook until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
6. Fill peppers with quinoa stuffing. Arrange peppers in prepared baking dish and cover with tinfoil.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.